Few days of REST

Finally i can have at least 1 or 2 days rest.. blogger-emoticon.blogspot.com

I had been racing with time on the past few weeks to finish my works..My never ending workloads~

There were a lot of things happened this week..things that surprised me much.. On Monday, I went to a meeting with The Malaysian Cohort team at HUKM with my professor Dr Poh (she is also co-supervisor of my thesis) to discuss whether to use or not the physical activity questionnaire developed by me in their project. The Malaysian Cohort is actually a very big project which involve 100,000 Malaysian adults.. So, to my very surprise, after listened to my explaination of the outcome of my project, the president of The Malaysian Cohort accepted my questionnaire! He even wanted to copy right it and make it a questionnaire under their project..a big WOW! Besides, he also immediately gave direction to his assistants to start using it on their subjects..(that means there will be 10k, 20k, 30k or more participants in their projects be using this questionnaire from now on and also the following years...) @_@ I really never thought of they'll accept it..

On Tuesday night, I received an email from my supervisor (Miss Wong) that told me that the abstract of my thesis had been accepted by the International Conference of Obesity (ICO 2010) to participate in their poster presentation. The venue of this conference will be at Stockholm, Sweden. My project can be presented in oversea wor, hahaha~ As this congress will be in July, my supervisor will be the presenter there for my project ^_^ Haha, I hope i can go sweden also ler..but i think need to pay myself if i want go and join.. blogger-emoticon.blogspot.com

On wednesday, I had my project results presentation at school in Malay. My co-supervisor (Dr Poh) selected me to present again on Friday in English to other lecturers, and there will be 2 students being chosen to compete with students from UPM in Oral Presentation during NSM Conference (NSM= Nutrition Society of Malaysia). Even though Dr Poh is not my direct supervisor, she still selected me, I really feel that she trusted me.. I dun feel that stress in doing my thesis compared with representing my both supervisors (Miss Wong and Dr Poh) to present my work in front other lecturers.. If i really present very badly due to my lousy english speaking, I really will make both of them "lose face" and disappointed =_="

I don't like presentation at all.. I don't like to present or perform in front of others, I don't like to be the centre of attention during a presentation.. It make me feel extreme nervous....a feeling that can make me nearly faint on the spot.. blogger-emoticon.blogspot.com On Friday, both of my supervisors didn't come to see my presentation or vote for me to present in NSM confernce.. (Even though they didn't come, but don't know why, I feel that they always trusted me..) At the end of the presentation, I was being selected.. I feel glad that i didn't dissappoint my supervisors..but also feel panic to present again in NSM conference on 25 March and compete with others there.. blogger-emoticon.blogspot.com

3 comments:

罗莉 said...

yen ling, u really did a great job! i feel so happy for u here.. must jia yo, u know? don't feel stressful on that, as long as u did your own part, its enough d..^_^

Yen said...

Haha, okay, thanks a lot for ur support~ ^_^

Stephanie L. Salas said...

A few day rests can certainly help a lot when it comes to thesis writing. It can help refresh our brain and at the same time keep a clear mind which can be a big thesis help to work on a clear mind. Anyway, I do hope everything went well with your paper. Seeing you rested can really mean that you were doing your best.