BB cream

I had heard about the name of "BB cream" since quite long ago but never learn more about it..:p Until lately my sister bought her first BB cream in Korea and told me about its benefits over the normal foundation :p

BB cream is good, y??


The difference between BBcream and other make-up applications is that it is a skincare/healing product combined with make-up.

There are many types of BB cream. Some is said to have whitening properties, some antiwrinkle, some to even out skin tone and lighten blemish scars....etc...

But all of them works as moisturizer, sunscreen, make-up base and foundation too. So thats whats great about BB cream, apart from make-up to cover up your scars...it is also said to be a healing cream....though you should still stick to your regular skin care regime.

BB cream brands

Now, there are so many brands of BB cream on the market.. They are actually with the similar functions, but different skin type might need to get the brand that suit their skin type and tone.

BRTC BB cream, Missha and Skin79 are among the BB cream with great reviews.......
Other brands includes Dr.G(Gowoonsesang), skinfood, the face shop, Etude., etc....

BB cream that I chosed after read those reviews- Dr.G Brightening Balm from Sasa

There are not many reviews about this Dr. G compared with other brands. I was considering between buying Skin 79(Pink) or Dr. G before i finally decided to buy Dr. G.

The price of Skin 79(pink)(40ml) is Rm84.50 (promotion price) and it is available at a korea shop in Bukit Indah Jusco :p

The price of Dr. G(60ml) is rm95 and it is available in Sasa.


My skin:

My skin is combination skin..and sometimes will get acne after I applied foundation, so I have to be extra careful when choosing the BB cream..scared that applying the BB cream will clog my skin x_x

I decided to buy Dr. G based on the reviews below:


A blog post by a korean girl on Dr.G:
http://junycherry.livejournal.com/12286.html

Luv_glenny:
For those with combination/oily acne skin you can try Dr.G Brightening Balm available at Sasa.
To try out the shades place a sml amount along your jawline to see whether it's the shade you want.

My sis is using that. And her face is very very oily, with lots of acne and scar. Dr. G did it all by hiding and preventing her face from being oily.
She doesn't have to use concealer anymore!

Dr. G is best use with mineral finishing powder.

After using the whole tube of Dr.G her face looks brighter and clearer than before.
She tried so many bb creams and all. At last she found 1 tat suits her.
Really happy for her. As for me I'm using Toc Toc coz my face is dry.
Hope this help.

Girlny:
Dr. G!!
provides SPF and PA, not oily, quite runny on face, above average coverage, natural with yellow undertones.


Rainbow 84:
love Dr.G 's BB Cream.. can get from Sasa...
Last time i have small pimples on my skin often, and might be because I always use foundation...
Although i know foundation is not good for problem skin, i still want to have proper coverage..
After i started Dr.G BB Cream.. my skin starts to clear and i use less and less BB Cream...
Also Im so happy my skin is clearing up !


My opinion on Skin79(pink) and Dr.G:

I had tried to applied a small amount of Skin79 (pink) and Dr.G on my hand before purchasing.
- I found that Skin79 is more oily compared with Dr.G.

- Besides, Dr.G give more natural look than Skin79.
- Dr. G has better concealing effect than Skin79.

- Althought the color of the cream of Dr.G is darker than other BB cream, but after applying on skin, it doesn't make the skin darker (for me, it make me fairer a bit, but not too white compared with Skin79) :p

After using this Dr.G BB cream continously for days during Christmas:

- I love it much~ :p Because its concealing effect is goo
d^_^ Cover my skin pores well, haha!!(except the 2 pimples mark on my face that still can be seen vaguely :p) It satisfied me because it didn't clog my skin pores after removed like the other make up foundation I used before. (I found that this BB cream is easier to removed compared with normal foundation) *Happy*blogger-emoticon.blogspot.com( p/s: I use moisturizer before applying the BB cream, it makes the BB cream spread across the whole face easier :D )

3 comments:

Rius said...

which moisturizer u used before the bb cream? i was thinking to buy one bb cream before but scare it may ruin my face. thinking so called bb cream have so many functions-moisturizer, sunscreen, make-up base and foundation(p/s: u mentioned).
but it's price makes me to think twice before buying it for trial on my face..my face is sensitive i guess =/
anyway, thanks for sharing with us your experience in bb cream.. nice blog indeed~ cheers~ ^^

Yen said...

haha, i also think for very very long before buying one XP My heart was bleeding when I paid rm95 to buy it.. but luckily get the right one for my face:D As normally after I wear foundation for whole day, my pores will get clogged and smale small acne will come out...but this BB cream, i wore for 3 days continously(whole day), no acne come out wor, keke.. so worth it liao:D Maybe during CNY, we can go Bukit Indah Jusco together~ There is a Korea store that sell so many brands of BB cream (the salesgirl said got more than 50 different BBcream sold)~ some only around rm60 o.. Hehe, you can try apply the sample there 1st, then only choose the one that u like~ ^_^

vine said...

I also love Dr. G BB cream,, the brightening balm..
My face is super duper oily, but Dr.G works really well in oil control.. my make up can last longer, just looks more dewy after few hours but still good.. the coverage also good, it covers my pores n some redness on my face.. at my first time using dr. G, some acne appears on my face (1-2).. but after around a week, everythings okay, no more acne appear.. my friends said that my face looks fairer n brighter..
Skin79 hot pink had poor oil control for me, it also cause some pimples on my face.. :'(